warning for unused packages/modules/objects

Daniel Fetchinson

How difficult would it be to implement a system in python that would
warn if there are unnecessarily imported packages/modules/objects in
the code? I mean that when developing some code one frequently imports
stuff, deletes the import, changes stuff here and there, imports other
stuff, later decides to change things and consequently delete the line
with the import, etc, etc. As a result there can stay
packages/modules/objects that are in the end not used. It would be
great if python would issue a warning once the program finishes.

Cheers,
Daniel