Warning message on imported type conflict

Steve Franks

Every time I rebuild my ASP.NET site (2005 beta 2) I get the following
warning, and I cannot figure out where it is coming from and how to resolve
it:

Warning 1 The type 'myquicktest' in
'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\mysite\eaba3506\7d38a89a\6caxsuep.9.cs' conflicts with the imported
type 'myquicktest' in
'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\mytest\eaba3506\7d38a89a\App_Web_ev6utz40.dll'. Using the one in
'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\mytest\eaba3506\7d38a89a\6caxsuep.9.cs'.
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\mytest\eaba3506\7d38a89a\6caxsuep.8.cs 128

The type 'myquicktest' it is referring to was something I wrote for this
project a long time ago and I thought I deleted it completely. It might
have been a HttpModule test if I recall. But web.config does not refer to
it and I cannot' find any other references to it. Then again it may not
have been a HttpModule - I really can't remember.

I tried deleting my Temprary ASP.NET Files directory but every time I
compile the warning comes back. The only thing that changes is that the
name of the file changes such as "6caxsuep.8.cs" may become something else.

Can anyone provides some clues I can use to try and locate what is causing
this? I'd really like to get this cleaned up.

Steve