Warning message on imported type conflict

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve Franks, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. Steve Franks

    Steve Franks Guest

    Every time I rebuild my ASP.NET site (2005 beta 2) I get the following
    warning, and I cannot figure out where it is coming from and how to resolve
    it:

    Warning 1 The type 'myquicktest' in
    'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\mysite\eaba3506\7d38a89a\6caxsuep.9.cs' conflicts with the imported
    type 'myquicktest' in
    'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\mytest\eaba3506\7d38a89a\App_Web_ev6utz40.dll'. Using the one in
    'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\mytest\eaba3506\7d38a89a\6caxsuep.9.cs'.
    c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\mytest\eaba3506\7d38a89a\6caxsuep.8.cs 128

    The type 'myquicktest' it is referring to was something I wrote for this
    project a long time ago and I thought I deleted it completely. It might
    have been a HttpModule test if I recall. But web.config does not refer to
    it and I cannot' find any other references to it. Then again it may not
    have been a HttpModule - I really can't remember.

    I tried deleting my Temprary ASP.NET Files directory but every time I
    compile the warning comes back. The only thing that changes is that the
    name of the file changes such as "6caxsuep.8.cs" may become something else.

    Can anyone provides some clues I can use to try and locate what is causing
    this? I'd really like to get this cleaned up.

    Steve
    Steve Franks, Sep 14, 2005