Warning: MVP.org is not a Microsoft MVP site

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Steven Burn, Jan 10, 2004.

  1. Steven Burn

    Steven Burn Guest

    [quoted from: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion]

    The Microsoft MVPs have a web domain, mvps.org, which contains what
    we hope are a lot of useful articles aimed at being of help to users
    of Windows.

    We have become aware that there is another domain, mvp.org without
    the s, and would advise you all that this has no connection with the
    Microsoft MVP program or its members, and may put visitors at risk
    of "drive-by" installs of malware.

    Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    Alex Nichol
    Doug Knox
    Kelly Theriot
    Ken Blake

    Microsoft MVP program
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    [/quote]

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Steven Burn

    Jezebel Guest

    Hallelujah. MVP.org is not Microsoft-controlled.

    You'd have to have rocks in your head blindly to accept 'advice' from
    Microsoft. The ultimate intent of EVERY message they send out is 'your money
    belongs in our bank account'.

    Presumably their only real objection to this site is that they have no
    control over it.

    Jezebel, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Steven Burn

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    Re: Hallelujah. MVP.org is not Microsoft-controlled.

    uh yeah, right.....

    Perhaps you should return to your ABM groups where you can stroke your
    paranoia with the other *nix turds.

    linsux makes you stupid.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Steven Burn

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    Re: Hallelujah. MVP.org is not Microsoft-controlled.

    Jezebel;
    Then go there! And get shot by a drive by.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:,
    Jezebel <> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Jan 10, 2004
  5. Steven Burn

    Steven Burn Guest

    Re: Hallelujah. MVP.org is not Microsoft-controlled.

    Some people just can't be told.......... ah well, tis not my system thats
    gonna get infected ;o)

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Jan 10, 2004
  6. Re: Hallelujah. MVP.org is not Microsoft-controlled.

    > You'd have to have rocks in your head blindly to accept 'advice' from
    > Microsoft. The ultimate intent of EVERY message they send out is 'your

    money
    > belongs in our bank account'.

    Oh geez. Since Microsoft is successful, I guess they aren't supposed to act
    like a business. But that doesn't mean they are behind of the schemes in
    your paranoid view of the world.

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Jan 11, 2004
  7. Steven Burn

    Dan Barclay Guest

    Re: Hallelujah. MVP.org is not Microsoft-controlled.

    Jezebel,

    For info, MS has no control over MVPs.org either. It was set up as an
    independent site by and for current and former MVP's. It is definitely
    *not* run by Microsoft. If you don't believe that, you should take a look
    at some of the content.

    I'm not familiar with the other site (mvp.org), but when I tried to pull it
    up it tried to load a component on my machine. That's not nice. Just say
    no.

    Dan

    Dan Barclay, Jan 12, 2004
  8. Steven Burn

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:57:19 +1100, "Jezebel" <> wrote:

    >You'd have to have rocks in your head blindly to accept 'advice' from
    >Microsoft. The ultimate intent of EVERY message they send out is 'your money
    >belongs in our bank account'.

    Keep in mind that MVP's aren't employed by Microsoft. While we do
    enjoy a certain level of support from Microsoft, we have extremely
    varied backgrounds and loyalties, and when an MVP thinks you'd be
    better served with a non-Microsoft option, they don't hesitate to
    recommend it.

    >Presumably their only real objection to this site is that they have no
    >control over it.

    You presume incorrectly. In fact, I'm not sure Microsoft has actually
    voiced an objection to the site. Especially since it points to a
    search engine and not a real site anyway.

    Microsoft doesn't control, host or provide support to the mvps.org
    site either.

    And yes, I realize you're a troll. I'd just prefer that anyone
    finding this thread in an archive understand your errors.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jan 12, 2004