Warning: Page has expired ?

WJ

I am using Form authentication and SSL. On the Login page, I have a link to
another web site (not SSL). When I click the IE browser back button, it says
"Warning Page has expired". How can I avoid this ? I have not even login to
my site yet. My session is set to 30 minutes in the web config.

John

Ken Schaefer

You need to change the Expires HTTP header value. If the page has expired,
and was previously generated by a POST operation, then IE will give the user
that warning.

Cheers
Ken

--
IIS Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
Web: www.adopenstatic.com

:I am using Form authentication and SSL. On the Login page, I have a link to
: another web site (not SSL). When I click the IE browser back button, it
says
: "Warning Page has expired". How can I avoid this ? I have not even login
: my site yet. My session is set to 30 minutes in the web config.
:
: John
:
:

WJ

Ken Schaefer said:
You need to change the Expires HTTP header value. If the page has expired,
and was previously generated by a POST operation, then IE will give the
user
that warning.
Thanks Ken for replying. I think I just need to train my users to use my
controls instead of Browser controls for my website only use POST.

John