Warning: Page has expired...

mgm

How do you get a web app to not show the 'page has expired...' error and
refresh and requery when you hit the back button after submitting a form? I
just want the old data to still be displayed in the form.

I checked knowledge base for this and I do not have "Do not save encrypted
pages to disk" checked and am running IE
6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Instead of posting the form to the same page in which it exists, post it to
another page.

formpage.asp---[SUBMIT]---formpage.asp---[user clicks link
elswhere]---elsewhere.asp---[user clicks back button]: Page has expired.

formpage.asp---[submit]---process.asp---[response.redirect
"thanks.asp"---]---[user clicks link elsewhere]---elsewhere.asp---[user
clicks back button]---formpage.asp with form values. (Assuming no
anti-caching headers.)

Ray at work

mgm

Ok, this is the way I have it set up which seems pretty close to what you
suggest:

default.asp---[user makes selection and
submits]---Formpage.asp---[submit]---addrecord.asp---[response.redirect to
default.asp]---user hits back button---"Expired"

What's weird is it doesn't happen on my machine, only on the person's
machine that has to enter a bunch of data... I'm running Server03, she's
running XPsp2.

Thanks!

mgm said:
How do you get a web app to not show the 'page has expired...' error and
refresh and requery when you hit the back button after submitting a form?
just want the old data to still be displayed in the form.

I checked knowledge base for this and I do not have "Do not save encrypted
pages to disk" checked and am running IE
6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158.

Ben Strackany

You can also use a GET form.

--