Warning: Page has expired

moondaddy

Using vb and asp.net 1.1 I have a page where users can upload images. When
the image is uploaded the postback shows a thumbnail of what they just
uploaded. Sometimes the users click on the back button and then the forward
button to come back to this page and when they do they get the error page:
Warning: Page has Expired. Even though the text on the page says to simply
click the refresh button, the users are getting confused and thing the
application has bugs. Is there a way for force this page to cache so we
don't get this error?

Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Moondaddy,

As for the "Page expired" Warning when we hit "Back" Button in IE Browser
after we post back an asp.net page, it is a normal behavior of the IE
Browser. In fact, this is problem is caused by that a page be post to
itself. In other words, the problem will occur when we submit a web page as
(post method) to itself and then navigate back to it via the "back" button,
this is a security feature of the IE browser. The problem also often occur
in asp pages and some one change the form's method to "get" to workaround
it. But since the ASP.NET web form page must use "post" method to post back
itself, I'm afraid this is expired message is no avoidable. Anyway, this is
not a bug or problem specified to the ASP.NET but a security feature of
the IE Browser. You can also inform your users of this.
Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

moondaddy

Is there any way I can replace the page defualt page 'Warning: Page has
Expired ' with a custom page from the server?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Moondaddy,

Thanks for your followup. As for the replacing the "Page expired" warning
with a custom error page, I'm afraid this is also not possible becaues as
I've mentioned that the warning is caused by IE's security feature and is
handled at clientside. So we have nothing to do at the serverside
currently.