warnings

Discussion in 'Python' started by John Hunter, Apr 15, 2004.

  1. John Hunter

    John Hunter Guest

    In the following

    import warnings
    warnings.warn('change me')

    The warning is issued:

    hunter:~/python/test> python test.py
    test.py:3: UserWarning: change me
    warnings.warn('change me')

    I want to supress the line echo. Eg, I just want

    hunter:~/python/test> python test.py
    test.py:3: UserWarning: change me

    How do I configure warnings to do this?

    Thanks!
    John Hunter
    John Hunter, Apr 15, 2004

  2. John Hunter

    Roy Smith Guest

    Slightly off-topic, but what's the long-term future of the warnings
    module? It seems the new logging module pretty much subsumes the
    functionality of warning.
    Roy Smith, Apr 15, 2004