    Does Dotnet 2.0 Framework still have the security hole that Dotnet 1.1
    Framework had regarding HTTP-Post method for web services?

    TIA

    Chuck, Feb 8, 2007

  2. Q. What's a "Security hole"? In 2.0, you have the ability to allow or
    disallow various protocols, if that's what you mean.
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Feb 8, 2007

  3. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Peter,

    Our third party web service provider, said their was a security issue with
    using HTTP-Post method with DotNet Framework 1.1.
    So they disabled it. So I was wondering if it was fixed in DotNet Framework
    2.0.

    TIA,

    Chuck
    "Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Chuck, Feb 8, 2007
  4. OK. Unless you can zero - in on exactly what this purported security hole in
    1.1 actually is, it would probably be hard to determine if it has been
    "fixed" in 2.0, no?
    Cheers,
    Peter

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Feb 8, 2007