    sections.

    --
    regards, chris
    Chris Stiles, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Chris Stiles wrote:

    > Is there a library available for python that will enable me to process .wav
    > files ?
    >
    > Preferably extensible so I can write handlers for dealing with the non audio
    > sections.

    Kåre Sjölander's Snack library might be useful:

    http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Jan 26, 2005

  3. On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:28:08 +0000, rumours say that Chris Stiles
    <> might have written:

    >Hi --
    >
    >Is there a library available for python that will enable me to process .wav
    >files ?

    import aifc, wave, chunk

    for a start.

    --
    TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.
    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, Jan 26, 2005
  4. Chris Stiles

    Chris Stiles Guest

    Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou <> writes:
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:28:08 +0000, rumours say that Chris Stiles
    > <> might have written:
    >

    >>Hi --
    >>
    >>Is there a library available for python that will enable me to process .wav
    >>files ?

    > import aifc, wave, chunk

    AFAICT wave was very much focused on reading the audio sections of .wav files,
    whereas I wanted to do more than just that. Whereas aifc was sufficiently
    different to make reading .wav files a hit and miss affair.

    --
    regards, chris
    Chris Stiles, Jan 26, 2005
  5. Chris Stiles

    Guest

    Chris Stiles wrote:
    > Is there a library available for python that will enable me to

    process .wav
    > files ?
    >
    > Preferably extensible so I can write handlers for dealing with the

    non audio
    > sections.

    You will probably find everything you're looking for here:
    http://www.python.org/moin/PythonInMusic

    AK
    , Jan 26, 2005