Way to Parse HTML fields to Excel Spreadsheet

ghadley_00

Hi,

I've got a text file that contains the html of approximately 514 web
pages, concatenated into 1 file. Each html page has approximately the
same format, with data in tables. Can anyone recommend a way I can
parse the document to get the fields as variables and write them out
as an excel spreadsheet? [e.g. using win32 ole]

Thanks,

George

(e-mail address removed)

J. Gleixner

Hi,

I've got a text file that contains the html of approximately 514 web
pages, concatenated into 1 file. Each html page has approximately the
same format, with data in tables. Can anyone recommend a way I can
parse the document to get the fields as variables and write them out
as an excel spreadsheet? [e.g. using win32 ole]

Parse the HTML - There are many modules and possibly HTML::TableExtract
might be useful, or possibly a regular expression might be enough.
Write out the data.

To really answer your question you should show us an example of the data
(NOT the entire file), and what you've tried. See the Posting Guidelines.