WCF 8 meg message configuration problem.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Bill D, Nov 6, 2009.

  1. Bill D

    Bill D Guest

    I have a WCF Service hosted in IIS, that is working fine with the "standard"
    messages that it receives which tend to be under 1 meg, however on occasion
    it needs to be able to handle much larger messages (8 meg in this case) and
    it is failing. Using the service trace viewer I was able to pull out the
    following message.

    The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been
    exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on
    the appropriate binding element.

    Unfortunately as the following shows that has already been set to it's max
    value??? I'm assuming I am just missing a setting somewhere but have no idea
    where, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Bill

    <system.web>
    <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="2097151"/>

    <system.serviceModel>
    <bindings>
    <basicHttpBinding>
    <binding name="InvoicesSOAP11Binding" closeTimeout="00:01:00"
    openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:10:00"
    sendTimeout="00:10:00"
    allowCookies="false" bypassProxyOnLocal="false"
    hostNameComparisonMode="StrongWildcard"
    maxBufferSize="2147483647" maxBufferPoolSize="524288"
    maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647"
    messageEncoding="Text" textEncoding="utf-8"
    transferMode="Buffered"
    useDefaultWebProxy="true">
    <readerQuotas maxDepth="32" maxStringContentLength="2147483647"
    maxArrayLength="2147483647"
    maxBytesPerRead="4096" maxNameTableCharCount="16384" />
    <security mode="None">
    <transport clientCredentialType="None"
    proxyCredentialType="None"
    realm="" />
    <message clientCredentialType="UserName"
    algorithmSuite="Default" />
    </security>
    </binding>
    </basicHttpBinding>
    </bindings>
    <client>
    <endpoint address="http://172.30.131.69:8080/axis2/services/Invoices"
    binding="basicHttpBinding"
    bindingConfiguration="InvoicesSOAP11Binding"
    contract="EBIInvoice.InvoicesPortType"
    name="InvoicesSOAP11port_http" />
    </client>
    <services>
    <service behaviorConfiguration="mexBehavior"
    name="EDIServiceLib.EDIService">
    <endpoint address="http://riveasv01/EDIService/Service.svc"
    binding="basicHttpBinding" name="EDIWeb"
    contract="EDIServiceLib.IEDIService"/>
    <endpoint address="http://riveasv01/EDIService/Service.svc"
    binding="basicHttpBinding" name="EDIWeb"
    contract="EDIServiceLib.IEDIJobService"/>
    <endpoint address="http://riveasv01/EDIService/Service.svc"
    binding="basicHttpBinding" name="EDIWeb"
    contract="EDIServiceLib.IEDIMaintenanceService"/>
    </service>
    </services>
    <behaviors>
    <serviceBehaviors>
    <behavior name="ServiceBehavior">
    <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true"/>
    <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="false"/>
    </behavior>
    <behavior name="mexBehavior">
    <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true"/>
    <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true"/>
    </behavior>
    </serviceBehaviors>
    </behaviors>
    </system.serviceModel>