WCF authentication problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by matthew-andrews@ntlworld.com, May 19, 2008.

    I've written a WCF service which I host on IIS under Windows 2003.
    Security wasn;t working, so I amended the web site security settings
    to allow Negotiate,NTLM as per the MS documentation and set the client
    proxy code to allow impersonation..and now a client can communicate
    successfully to the web service.

    So now I can access the web service from a remote server, it does its
    work and returns. However, if I try and access the service from the
    same server...I get the familar error below;

    The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication schema
    'Negotiate'. The authentication header received from the server was
    'Negotiate,NTLM'.

    The Win2003 is using a DNS name to resolve the URL? Could that have
    any bearing? However I can't understand why I can run the client code
    on my PC and it calls the server, does the WCF link and returns happy
    - and when I execute the same code on the server it fails with this
    problem.

    Everything is running with the same user credentials in both
    scenarios.

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks
    Mat