WCF Sample using Role Membership that actually works

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by M, May 28, 2009.

  1. M

    M Guest

    Hi,

    I want to create a WCF Service and Test Client, with the WCF Service
    accepting a username and password sent to it from the client (using
    clientcredentials) and validating the user using role management.

    I have tried this how to: http://tinyurl.com/lktdfz but can't get it to work
    properly.

    I can create the Service ok, get it to validate a user using role management
    via the aspnetdb, but I can not persuade it to accept a user / password of
    my choosing, it just seems to want to use windows authentication in some
    guise or other.

    When I start attempting to add the certificate I just get into a world of
    pain.

    Does anyone have a sample app and / or a 'How To' that actually works?
    M, May 28, 2009