WCF Service won't work when published

JM_newsgroups

Hello,

I got a WCF service to be consumed properly from a test web
application on my local workstation in debug mode. However, when I
publish the service to a server and call that service from my test web
application, I get the following message. It acts like it's still
trying to consume the service running on my local VS2008 web server,
based on the port number. I've looked at the service web.config on
the server as well as my test web application web.config, and I see
nothing that tells me that would explain this behavior. When I add
the service reference, it properly inserts the URL of the remote
server in the web app web.config. I'm wondering if this all has
something to do with the endpoint address, but I can't be sure. I've
matched the endpoint addresses on both web.configs. On the remote
server, I have a website dedicated to the service, to the URL is
something like http://server1name/mynewservice.svc. I had this all
working at one point, and something broke it. Thanks!

-----------------

{An ExceptionDetail, likely created by
IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:49347

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot,
SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean
connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress&
address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32
timeout, Exception& exception)}

JM_newsgroups

Thank you for the reply.  However, I checked that item.  That's not
the issue.

It turns out it was an errant load of an XSL file from my built-in web
server.