We have an international standard: C++0x is unanimously approved

Jorgen Grahn

I don't think he'll mind if I quote the whole thing:

The final ISO ballot on C++0x closed on Wednesday, and we just
received the results: Unanimous approval.

The next revision of C++ that we've been calling "C++0x" is now an
International Standard! Geneva will take several months to publish
it, but we hope it will be published well within the year, and
then we'll be able to call it "C++11."

I want to extend my thanks again to Bjarne Stroustrup for sharing
his work with the world and continuing to help move it forward,
and to all of the participants whose hard work went into achieving
this important milestone in the history of a great language.
Thanks!

/Jorgen

Vidar Hasfjord

That's great news. Thanks to everyone involved in the work on the
standard. I hope that the standard, with all its great features, is
quickly adopted by the compiler developers, and that work moves
swiftly on to the exciting proposals for the next standard update
(proposed features such as 'modules' and 'concepts'; my two favorites
among the features that didn't make it into C++11).

Regards,
Vidar Hasfjord

Lynn McGuire

And Stroustrup likes it !
http://www.softwarequalityconnection.com/2011/06/the-biggest-changes-in-c11-and-why-you-should-care/

"Bjarne Stroustrup, the creator of C++, said recently that C++11
“feels like a new language — the pieces just fit together better.”
Indeed, core C++11 has changed significantly. It now supports
lambda expressions, automatic type deduction of objects, uniform
initialization syntax, delegating constructors, deleted and
defaulted function declarations, nullptr, and most importantly,
rvalue references — a feature that augurs a paradigm shift in how
one conceives and handles objects. And that’s just a sample."

"The C++11 Standard Library was also revamped with new algorithms,
new container classes, atomic operations, type traits, regular
expressions, new smart pointers, async() facility, and of course
a multithreading library."

Lynn