We need good and free Java Rules Engine (JSR 94)

toni

Hi.

We are new to Java Rules Engine API (JSR 94).

We developing web application (JSP and EJB) with plenty business logic and
rules, and after searching SUN's web, we find out about Java Rules Engine
API (JSR 94).

So, we need advice about good, free rule engine which can be incorporated in
our server-side web application (*.ear).

We don't know much about various rule engine, so maybe this question
will be odd.
Does some rule engine can be incorporated in our *.ear, or rule engine is
stand-alone server?
We still don't know where we'll deploy our ear, accordingly we don't know
does our future server support/have any rule engine.

BTW, if you know about good tutorial, faq, book about java rule engine
please tell us.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Thompson

We are new to Java Rules Engine API (JSR 94). ...

'We'? Is that the Royal 'We', or are
there a group of you?
So, we need advice about good, free rule engine..

It sounds like more you need either a consultant,
or Google for your basic research. What have rule
engines are you considering? What information have
you ascertained thus far?

toni

We are new to Java Rules Engine API (JSR 94). ...
'We'? Is that the Royal 'We', or are
there a group of you?
group

It sounds like more you need either a consultant,
or Google for your basic research. What have rule
engines are you considering? What information have

That is my question.
We need someone, with experiance in java rule engines, to give us advice
about few free, good engines, or if someone know about and url where we can
find this kind of information (java rule engine comparison).
you ascertained thus far?

Just that this kind of sf exist.
We need info about free, good java rule engine, and where/how to include it
(or rule engine is stand-alone server and can't be incorporated in ear?) in
ear.

Francisco Blay

toni escribió:
That is my question.
We need someone, with experiance in java rule engines, to give us advice
about few free, good engines, or if someone know about and url where we can
find this kind of information (java rule engine comparison).

Just that this kind of sf exist.
We need info about free, good java rule engine, and where/how to include it
(or rule engine is stand-alone server and can't be incorporated in ear?) in
ear.

google search: http://www.manageability.org/blog/stuff/rule_engines/view

regards