We want to start translating ruby-dev, so please let us know whereto start

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Yutaka Hara, May 30, 2011.

  1. Yutaka Hara

    Yutaka Hara Guest

    Hello,

    I launched a website for community-based translation of ruby-dev,
    the Japanese mailling list for ruby(MRI) developers.

    http://ruby-dev.route477.net/

    Please login with twitter and vote for the posts that you would like
    to see translated.
    You can also participate in the translation effort yourself,
    either by translating posts by yourself or by correcting translations
    done by others.
    (The Japanese participants hope that you will help them improve their
    English :)

    Thanks,
    Yutaka HARA (yhara)

    Yutaka Hara, May 30, 2011

  2. Re: We want to start translating ruby-dev, so please let us knowwhere to start

    Not wanting to be picky here but given that we can not read Japanese
    how are we supposed to know which posts, written in Japanese, we want
    translated?

    Also will a translation automatically be carried forward when it is
    quoted in a subsequent post?

    It sounds an intriguing project though.

    Peter Hickman, May 30, 2011

  3. Yutaka Hara

    Eric Wong Guest

    Yutaka Hara <> wrote:
    > Please login with twitter and vote for the posts that you would like
    > to see translated.

    Is there any method for non-Twitter users? I don't like reliance
    on corporate platforms, especially when working on Free Software.

    --
    Eric Wong

    Eric Wong, May 31, 2011