We want to start translating ruby-dev, so please let us know whereto start

Yutaka Hara

Hello,

I launched a website for community-based translation of ruby-dev,
the Japanese mailling list for ruby(MRI) developers.

http://ruby-dev.route477.net/

Please login with twitter and vote for the posts that you would like
to see translated.
You can also participate in the translation effort yourself,
either by translating posts by yourself or by correcting translations
done by others.
(The Japanese participants hope that you will help them improve their
English :)

Thanks,
Yutaka HARA (yhara)

Peter Hickman

Not wanting to be picky here but given that we can not read Japanese
how are we supposed to know which posts, written in Japanese, we want
translated?

Also will a translation automatically be carried forward when it is
quoted in a subsequent post?

It sounds an intriguing project though.

Eric Wong

Yutaka Hara said:
Please login with twitter and vote for the posts that you would like
to see translated.

Is there any method for non-Twitter users? I don't like reliance
on corporate platforms, especially when working on Free Software.