    links about web 2.0 GUI Guidelines are very much welcome...

    cheers

    Jeff
    Jeff, Jan 25, 2007

  2. Jeff

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Jeff" <> wrote:

    >I'm wondering if some of you have a link to an article which explain web 2.0
    >GUI Guidelines?

    Web 2.0 is a meaningless marketing phrase.

    >I would like to read it because I'm trying to develop a web
    >2.0 web site but fear I'm still using a web 1.0 user interface... so any
    >links about web 2.0 GUI Guidelines are very much welcome...

    An important aspect of UI design is that it should be as obvious as
    possible to a user how to use various UI elements, independent of the
    application used. An OS drawing UI elements that can be used by various
    applications plays an important part to achieve such. The trend where
    individual applications are individually "skinned" results in many
    different UIs to be learned by a user, this goes against the
    aforementioned UI design guideline.

    A similar UI construction method is often advocated by "web 2.0"
    proponents, instead of presenting a UI with web page elements like
    underlined links that people are familiar with, the aim is to make it
    "not look like a web page". Like skinned locally installed applications
    there is no common interface being strived for, resulting in most "web
    2.0 application" looking and working very differently.

    There are a few occasions creating a custom UI has benefits that
    outweigh the drawbacks. However those are the exceptions to the rule.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Jan 25, 2007