Web Access Error when creating a new ASP.NET project...

Guest

I know this posting may seem redundant, but I have not been able to get around this problem

I am currently using Windows 2000 Professional with Visual Studio.Net 2002 and IIS 5. I am not on a network, so my local machine is my development environment and my web server. When I try to create a new ASP.NET Web Application or even an Empty Web Project while logged into my , I receive the following error

"The default Web access mode for this project is set to file share, but the project folder
at 'http://localhost/Webproject1' cannot be opened with the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webproject1'
The error returned was

Unable to create Web project 'Webproject1'. The file path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webproject1' does
not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/Webproject1'. The two need to map to the same serve
location. HTTP Error 403: Forbidden.

Here are the things I have tried already
1. For the 'Default Web Site' in Internet Service Manager, I have
- verified the local path is set to 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot'
- set the 'Execute Permissions' setting to 'Scripts Only'
- Checked the 'Read' and 'Write' boxes on the 'Home Directory' tab
- Checked the 'Anonymous Access' box and 'Integrated Windows Authentication' box on the
'Directory Security' tab
- Verified that the anonymous username is 'IUSR_<computername>' and that IIS controls
the passwor
- Added a '.tmp' file type to the MIME Map on the HTTP Headers ta

2. On the WWWRoot folder on my C: drive, I have
- Verified that the folder is shared on the 'Web Sharing' tab and that the alias is '/'
- Verified that 'Administrators' and 'VS Developers' have full control of the folde
- Verified that the 'Internet Guest Account (IUSR_<computername>)' has Read an
Write control

One other error I notice is that when I opent the Internet Services Manager and go to 'Default Web Site\IISHelp\Default.htm', right click on that file and choose 'Browse', I receive the following error

"ERRO
The requested URL could not be retrievedWhile trying to retrieve the URL: http://localhost/IISHelp/default.htm

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time
Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

If I open my browser (IE 6.0) and just type in 'http://localhost/' or 'http://localhost:80', I get the same error message. I checked my hosts file and there is an entry for 'localhost' there pointing to 127.0.0.1. I have a feeling that these two could somehow be the same problem

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated

Jonatha
(e-mail address removed)

John Soulis [MSFT]

Hello Jonathon,
Try setting the browser to bypass the proxy for local sites. Also, check to
make sure the default website is an application vdir.
Thank you,
John Soulis
Microsoft, ASP.NET

Guest

Thanks John. That worked!

----- John Soulis [MSFT] wrote: -----

Hello Jonathon,
Try setting the browser to bypass the proxy for local sites. Also, check to
make sure the default website is an application vdir.
Thank you,
John Soulis
Microsoft, ASP.NET

John Soulis [MSFT]

No problem. I am glad everything is working for you now.
Thank you,
John Soulis
Microsoft, ASP.NET