Web access failed - need help

Learner

Hi there,
One of our team members created a asp.net application in visual
studio and a slotion to this web application and put it in the source
safe. Now i wanted to work on this project. So inorder to do this i
created a working folder in my C:/ApplicationName and got the latest
version to this working folder. And when i double click on the .sln
file, as i it did in the previous cases i expected it to create a web
project in c:/inetpub/wwwroot/AppicationName. Usually this message
appears in a dialogue box and we click ok to it and then it creates the

webproject in IIS too.

But this time its complaining about the Unable to open web project.

Here is the message i see in the dialogue box:
********************************
'The default web access mode for this project is set to file share, but

the project folder at
http://localhost/ApplicationName cannot be opened with the path
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ApplicationName.
The error returned was
Unable to open webproject 'ApplicationName'. The Web 'ApplicationName'

located on server 'http://localhost' does not exist.

what would like to do?
(radio button option)Retry using a different file share path
Location c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ApplicationName

(radio button option)Try open the project with FrontPage Server
Extension

**********************************

Can some one please help me understand what this is expecting me to do?

I usually do the same thing when i wanted to work on any application. I

create a working floder in C or D drive and then double click on the
..sln file then it asks me if it can creata webfolder under
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ and the application name . But not sure why this
complaining about this kinda of error this time.

Craig Deelsnyder

Check to make sure he didn't check in the .webinfo file for the project.
That is a user-specific file put on a developer's machine, and I
think I've seen that cause this issue before. Delete it from
SourceSafe, it shouldn't be part of the 'solution' that's checked in.

Learner

Thank you for the reply. I am still working on this issue. I just
removed every thing from the source safe and want to add the project to
the source safe one more time. Right now i don't have it in the source
safe but its sitting in wwwroot folder. But when i click on the .sln
file its complaining about the same thing. I get the same message in a
message box. I also removed all the source safe extension files from
the project. I am not sure why its complaining about the same thing,
Web access failed.

And more thing i need help on is what is the best way of adding
projects to the Source safe and linking them to the files we work on?
Is there a blog or article to know more about adding the file to source
safe in a better way?
Thanks
-L