Web accessibility

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, May 5, 2006.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, May 5, 2006

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, May 6, 2006

  3. "Nico Schuyt" <> skrev i meddelandet
    news:445c1027$0$32791$...
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > ...... it would be interesting to hear what people who are disabled
    > > think and which problems they have today to
    > > read/hear the page
    > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
    > > by aural devices

    > Even for people who are *not* visually disabled the page is hard to read

    ;)
    > http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/faktaomitalien.png

    I guess that you refer to the different <border styles" which I am
    testing...
    but I was looking for some instrument to make visible the different
    paragraphs...
    I agree on that the solution which has been provided is not so good so far
    but on the other hand
    one needs try.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    www.lasvezia.eu
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 6, 2006
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <NBU6g.55861$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > "Nico Schuyt" <>

    > > Even for people who are *not* visually disabled the page is hard to read

    > ;)
    > > http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/faktaomitalien.png

    > I guess that you refer to the different <border styles" which I am
    > testing...

    I doubt it, Luigi. If I recall, I think it might have been JL a
    long time ago, someone went to the trouble of redoing a page for
    you. Perhaps I don't remember it because it is too traumatic to
    think how little notice you took of it?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 6, 2006
  5. dorayme wrote:
    > In article <NBU6g.55861$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Nico Schuyt" <>

    >>> Even for people who are *not* visually disabled the page is hard to read

    >> ;)
    >>> http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/faktaomitalien.png

    >> I guess that you refer to the different <border styles" which I am
    >> testing...

    > I doubt it, Luigi. If I recall, I think it might have been JL a
    > long time ago, someone went to the trouble of redoing a page for
    > you. Perhaps I don't remember it because it is too traumatic to
    > think how little notice you took of it?

    I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, May 6, 2006
  6. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

    Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
    questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...

    Luigi: "How do I do this?"
    Other: "Here is the way to do this."
    Luigi: "I do not agree."

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 6, 2006
  7. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

    > Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
    > questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...
    >
    > Luigi: "How do I do this?"
    > Other: "Here is the way to do this."
    > Luigi: "I do not agree."

    Other: "Why not?"
    Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Now playing: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - L. A. Nights
    Els, May 6, 2006
  8. "Jonathan N. Little" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article <NBU6g.55861$>,
    > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Nico Schuyt" <>

    read
    > >> ;)
    > >> I guess that you refer to the different <border styles" which I am
    > >> testing...

    > > I doubt it, Luigi. If I recall, I think it might have been JL a
    > > long time ago, someone went to the trouble of redoing a page for
    > > you.

    Redoing?????

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    今天二零零六年五月六日
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 6, 2006
  9. Els wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >>
    >>> I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

    >> Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
    >> questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...
    >>
    >> Luigi: "How do I do this?"
    >> Other: "Here is the way to do this."
    >> Luigi: "I do not agree."

    > Other: "Why not?"
    > Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

    <LOL!>

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for https://luigi.one.man.business/
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 6, 2006
  10. "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    > > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > >
    > >> I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

    > > Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
    > > questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...
    > >
    > > Luigi: "How do I do this?"
    > > Other: "Here is the way to do this."
    > > Luigi: "I do not agree."

    > Other: "Why not?"
    > Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

    Yes, sometimes it is just the best and most appropriate thing to do.
    Perhaps difficult to understand if you do not have one yourself...

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    今天二零零六年五月六日
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 6, 2006
  11. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>
    >>> Luigi: "How do I do this?"
    >>> Other: "Here is the way to do this."
    >>> Luigi: "I do not agree."

    >> Other: "Why not?"
    >> Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

    > Yes, sometimes it is just the best and most appropriate thing to do.
    > Perhaps difficult to understand if you do not have one yourself...

    Ehm.. I actually do have one. I still don't understand though.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Now playing: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare for the Common Man
    Els, May 6, 2006
  12. "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > >> Other: "Why not?"
    > >> Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

    > > Yes, sometimes it is just the best and most appropriate thing to do.
    > > Perhaps difficult to understand if you do not have one yourself...

    > Ehm.. I actually do have one. I still don't understand though.

    Competition and industrial espionage are two key-words.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    今天二零零六年五月六日
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 6, 2006

    > "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > > "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > > Yes, sometimes it is just the best and most appropriate thing to do.
    > > > Perhaps difficult to understand if you do not have one yourself...

    > > Ehm.. I actually do have one. I still don't understand though.

    > Competition and industrial espionage are two key-words.

    It is more difficult to compete if you only have an one-man business,
    therefore it can be more important for small enterprises and one man
    business
    to try and defend ourselves from industrial espionage....
    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    今天二零零六年五月六日
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 6, 2006
  14. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >>
    >> "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet

    >>> Ehm.. I actually do have one. I still don't understand though.

    >> Competition and industrial espionage are two key-words.

    Paranoia and fear of industrial espionage are also two key-words.
    In fact, if I type them into Google, the first result talks about
    Chinese whispers. You just wrote that you're learning Chinese - would
    that have anything to do with it? Translated the whispers? ;-)
    <http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:VscAhXJURzwJ:www.politics.guardian.co.uk/china/story/0,7369,1548675,00.html>

    > It is more difficult to compete if you only have an one-man business,
    > therefore it can be more important for small enterprises and one man
    > business to try and defend ourselves from industrial espionage....

    Right. You're saying that I should hide the websites I make, so no one
    can copy my code? I'm sure you can't answer my question (because of
    the very subject), but I'm gonna try anyway: What is it that you have
    in your business that others would like to industrially spy on?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Now playing: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Pirates
    Els, May 6, 2006
  15. "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > >>
    > >> "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > >> Competition and industrial espionage are two key-words.

    > Paranoia and fear of industrial espionage are also two key-words.
    > In fact, if I type them into Google, the first result talks about
    > Chinese whispers. You just wrote that you're learning Chinese - would
    > that have anything to do with it? Translated the whispers? ;-)

    <http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:VscAhXJURzwJ:www.politics.guardian.co.u
    k/china/story/0,7369,1548675,00.html>

    Not directly.
    Industrial spionage does not need come just from China.
    It could come as well from China as from other countries as well....

    > > It is more difficult to compete if you only have an one-man business,
    > > therefore it can be more important for small enterprises and one man
    > > business to try and defend ourselves from industrial espionage....

    > Right. You're saying that I should hide the websites I make, so no one
    > can copy my code? I'm sure you can't answer my question (because of
    > the very subject), but I'm gonna try anyway: What is it that you have
    > in your business that others would like to industrially spy on?

    Of course I cannot answer because of the very subject...

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    今天二零零六年五月六日
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 6, 2006
  16. Els wrote:
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >>
    >>> I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

    >> Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
    >> questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...
    >>
    >> Luigi: "How do I do this?"
    >> Other: "Here is the way to do this."
    >> Luigi: "I do not agree."

    > Other: "Why not?"
    > Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

    Luigi: "Do they think that way on Mars?."

    Follow-up Luigi: "People have different concerns."
    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, May 6, 2006
  17. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >>> Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
    >>> questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...
    >>>
    >>> Luigi: "How do I do this?"
    >>> Other: "Here is the way to do this."
    >>> Luigi: "I do not agree."

    >> Other: "Why not?"
    >> Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

    > Luigi: "Do they think that way on Mars?."
    >
    > Follow-up Luigi: "People have different concerns."

    Exactly! Almost forgot about the follow-ups <g>

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Now playing: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - So Far To Fall
    Els, May 6, 2006
  18. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >>
    >> "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet

    >>> Ehm.. I actually do have one. I still don't understand though.

    >> Competition and industrial espionage are two key-words.

    > It is more difficult to compete if you only have an one-man business,
    > therefore it can be more important for small enterprises and one man
    > business to try and defend ourselves from industrial espionage....

    I see nothing on your web site that anyone else would want to steal. As
    regards competition, if you write a *better* web site you stand a chance
    to beat your competitors, whomever they may be.

    Turn down the level on your paranoia switch.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 6, 2006
  19. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet

    >> Paranoia and fear of industrial espionage are also two key-words.
    >> In fact, if I type them into Google, the first result talks about
    >> Chinese whispers. You just wrote that you're learning Chinese - would
    >> that have anything to do with it? Translated the whispers? ;-)
    >>

    > <http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:VscAhXJURzwJ:www.politics.guardian.co.u
    > k/china/story/0,7369,1548675,00.html>
    >
    > Not directly.

    Indirecly then? ;-)

    > Industrial spionage does not need come just from China.

    No kidding!

    > It could come as well from China as from other countries as well....

    Yes Luigi, of course. But was it the Chinese whispers that got you
    thinking about it?

    >> I'm sure you can't answer my question (because of
    >> the very subject), but I'm gonna try anyway: What is it that you have
    >> in your business that others would like to industrially spy on?

    > Of course I cannot answer because of the very subject...

    I've never done any industrial espionage, but after all these posts
    from you about protecting your one man business, I must say I'm
    getting curious to the point where I might actually start spying...
    Should I start on the https:// or the http:// pages?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Now playing: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Watching Over You
    Els, May 6, 2006
  20. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > It is more difficult to compete if you only have an one-man business,
    > > therefore it can be more important for small enterprises and one man
    > > business to try and defend ourselves from industrial espionage....

    > I see nothing on your web site that anyone else would want to steal. As
    > regards competition, if you write a *better* web site you stand a chance
    > to beat your competitors, whomever they may be.

    I am glad that you did not see it.

    > Turn down the level on your paranoia switch.

    You do not need answer.
    Bye

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero