Web accessibility

Luigi Donatello Asero

Nico Schuyt said:
Even for people who are *not* visually disabled the page is hard to read ;)
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/faktaomitalien.png

I guess that you refer to the different <border styles" which I am
testing...
but I was looking for some instrument to make visible the different
paragraphs...
I agree on that the solution which has been provided is not so good so far
but on the other hand
one needs try.

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
"Nico Schuyt" <[email protected]>

I guess that you refer to the different <border styles" which I am
testing...

I doubt it, Luigi. If I recall, I think it might have been JL a
long time ago, someone went to the trouble of redoing a page for
you. Perhaps I don't remember it because it is too traumatic to
think how little notice you took of it?

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme said:
I doubt it, Luigi. If I recall, I think it might have been JL a
long time ago, someone went to the trouble of redoing a page for
you. Perhaps I don't remember it because it is too traumatic to
think how little notice you took of it?

I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jonathan said:
I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...

Luigi: "How do I do this?"
Other: "Here is the way to do this."
Luigi: "I do not agree."

Els

Beauregard said:
Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...

Luigi: "How do I do this?"
Other: "Here is the way to do this."
Luigi: "I do not agree."

Other: "Why not?"
Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

Luigi Donatello Asero

Els said:
Other: "Why not?"
Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

Yes, sometimes it is just the best and most appropriate thing to do.
Perhaps difficult to understand if you do not have one yourself...

Els

Luigi said:
Yes, sometimes it is just the best and most appropriate thing to do.
Perhaps difficult to understand if you do not have one yourself...

Ehm.. I actually do have one. I still don't understand though.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Competition and industrial espionage are two key-words.

It is more difficult to compete if you only have an one-man business,
therefore it can be more important for small enterprises and one man
business
to try and defend ourselves from industrial espionage....

Els

Paranoia and fear of industrial espionage are also two key-words.
In fact, if I type them into Google, the first result talks about
Chinese whispers. You just wrote that you're learning Chinese - would
that have anything to do with it? Translated the whispers? ;-)
It is more difficult to compete if you only have an one-man business,
therefore it can be more important for small enterprises and one man
business to try and defend ourselves from industrial espionage....

Right. You're saying that I should hide the websites I make, so no one
can copy my code? I'm sure you can't answer my question (because of
the very subject), but I'm gonna try anyway: What is it that you have
in your business that others would like to industrially spy on?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Els said:
Paranoia and fear of industrial espionage are also two key-words.
In fact, if I type them into Google, the first result talks about
Chinese whispers. You just wrote that you're learning Chinese - would
that have anything to do with it? Translated the whispers? ;-)
<http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:VscAhXJURzwJ:www.politics.guardian.co.u
k/china/story/0,7369,1548675,00.html>

Not directly.
Industrial spionage does not need come just from China.
It could come as well from China as from other countries as well....
Right. You're saying that I should hide the websites I make, so no one
can copy my code? I'm sure you can't answer my question (because of
the very subject), but I'm gonna try anyway: What is it that you have
in your business that others would like to industrially spy on?

Of course I cannot answer because of the very subject...

Jonathan N. Little

Els said:
Other: "Why not?"
Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."
Luigi: "Do they think that way on Mars?."

Follow-up Luigi: "People have different concerns."

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi said:
It is more difficult to compete if you only have an one-man business,
therefore it can be more important for small enterprises and one man
business to try and defend ourselves from industrial espionage....

I see nothing on your web site that anyone else would want to steal. As
regards competition, if you write a *better* web site you stand a chance
to beat your competitors, whomever they may be.

Turn down the level on your paranoia switch.

Els

Luigi said:

Indirecly then? ;-)
Industrial spionage does not need come just from China.

No kidding!
It could come as well from China as from other countries as well....

Yes Luigi, of course. But was it the Chinese whispers that got you
thinking about it?
Of course I cannot answer because of the very subject...

I've never done any industrial espionage, but after all these posts
from you about protecting your one man business, I must say I'm
getting curious to the point where I might actually start spying...
Should I start on the https:// or the http:// pages?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
I see nothing on your web site that anyone else would want to steal. As
regards competition, if you write a *better* web site you stand a chance
to beat your competitors, whomever they may be.

I am glad that you did not see it.
Turn down the level on your paranoia switch.

You do not need answer.
Bye