Web accessibility

Luigi Donatello Asero

Els said:
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
I've never done any industrial espionage, but after all these posts
from you about protecting your one man business, I must say I'm
getting curious to the point where I might actually start spying...
Should I start on the https:// or the http:// pages?

Bye

Jonathan N. Little

Els said:
Right. You're saying that I should hide the websites I make, so no one
can copy my code? I'm sure you can't answer my question (because of
the very subject), but I'm gonna try anyway: What is it that you have
in your business that others would like to industrially spy on?

How about uploading the code to the server then cutting the power cord
of the server, then your content would be really safe from prying eyes!

Els

Jonathan said:
How about uploading the code to the server then cutting the power cord
of the server, then your content would be really safe from prying eyes!

Doubt it. Modern industrial spies have screwdrivers and spare power
cord plugs.

dorayme

How soon we forget!

http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/alt.html.051002.html
Scaiecat Spa Gigi - Homepage SAMPLE

Remember concerns of 'stealing' your precious content? Good thing I
still have the temp page up, forever hopeful you might learn something.
Oh sorry, my attitude again...

I think you wrote that you would take it away, but, unfortunately, you did
not do that.[/QUOTE]

What if Jonathan agrees to make the temp page a secure temp page? Would you be happy then?

Chaddy2222

Luigi said:
There is a preliminary review for accessibility here
http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/preliminary.html
but it would be interesting to hear what people who are disabled think and
which problems they have today to
read/hear the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
Provide the bloody thing in English and we might have better luck.
Also, you have way to much info on that main page, you might want to
consider splitting it up a bit better.

As far as Screen Readers go, most can read a basic page quite well, if
you want to know more then the best thing you can do is download a demo
of one and try it out, or use a text only browser such as Lynx.
Even my site looks ok with Lynx.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Chaddy2222 said:
Provide the bloody thing in English and we might have better luck.
Also, you have way to much info on that main page, you might want to
consider splitting it up a bit better.

Thank you for your answer.
I understand that it would be easier for you to read it in english, but I
thought that there would be at least some user reading this NG who
speaks Swedish.
The English version usually comes on my website after the Swedish and the
German version. For some topics it also comes after the Italian version.
That has to do with competing..
As far as Screen Readers go, most can read a basic page quite well, if
you want to know more then the best thing you can do is download a demo
of one and try it out, or use a text only browser such as Lynx.
Even my site looks ok with Lynx.

Well, I used Opera (usere mode-Emulate text browser, Accessibility layout,
Show structural elements)
and Firefox (with no style sheet)
for that.
As to Opera it shows
as only
Why?

Nije Nego

Thank you for your answer.
I understand that it would be easier for you to read it in english, but I
thought that there would be at least some user reading this NG who
speaks Swedish.
The English version usually comes on my website after the Swedish and the
German version. For some topics it also comes after the Italian version.
That has to do with competing..

Well, I used Opera (usere mode-Emulate text browser, Accessibility layout,
Show structural elements)
and Firefox (with no style sheet)
for that.
As to Opera it shows
as only
Why?

If you put it like this
you should do fine.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Nije Nego said:
If you put it like this
you should do fine.

Thank you.
However I wonder
whether I could use something else instead for <p>
because <p> starts a new paragraph (with capital letters as a result of my
style sheet)
Unfortunately,
there are still some problems on the page
(although it validates for Html 4.01 strict)
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php

For example this
<P><SPAN class="Semesterbostäder Italien"></SPAN></p>

Jonathan N. Little

Luigi said:
For example this
<P><SPAN class="Semesterbostäder Italien"></SPAN></p>
You do realize that you cannot have a SPACE within a class name! That
means apply both class 'Semesterbostäder' and class 'Italien' to the
SPAN. BTW which makes little sense because there is not content to
style. If you purpose is to make an anchor then it is via the ID not the
CLASS

Andy Dingley

Nico said:
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
Even for people who are *not* visually disabled the page is hard to read ;)

Only because you have a line missing from your killfile :cool:

Luigi is just _too_ clue-impervious to be worth wasting effort on.