    use my services, please direct them to http://webdesign.hotpinkflamingo.net.
    Thank you very much.
    -Heather :)

    Hot Pink Flamingo, Oct 31, 2007

  2. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 31, 2007

  3. On Oct 31, 9:12 am, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:
    > Hot Pink Flamingo wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > > I hope it's OK that I post this here.

    > Please see replies to your identical multi-post in alt.www.webmaster
    >
    > http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost
    >
    > --
    > -bts

    alt.www.webmaster

    Bad Gateway
    The following error occurred:
    Code:
     The host name was not found during the DNS
    lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found
    by retrying the URL.

    Please contact the administrator.

    google newsgroups links and you can join the newsgroup.

    You can bid for jobs here Heather.

    http://www.ifreelance.com/landing.aspx?ag=583&k=24847&gclid=CJbqldbSuY8CFRdAQQodfCZwYQ

    Join the movement to Google Groupers the most successful company
    currently on the Net. Do not buy Vista this Xmas get a Dell with
    Ubuntu Linux.

    Michael Yardley, Oct 31, 2007
  4. Hot Pink Flamingo

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:51:36
    GMT Hot Pink Flamingo scribed:

    > Hello,
    > I hope it's OK that I post this here. I'm a freelance web and
    > graphic
    > designer trying to get my business moving, and looking for work. My
    > rates are very low. If anyone here knows someone that might want to
    > use my services, please direct them to
    > http://webdesign.hotpinkflamingo.net. Thank you very much.
    > -Heather :)

    Well, you probably know more about website crafting than I do, but your
    spiel makes you sound like one of them dizzy broads who periodically plague
    these environs for whatever reason turns 'em on. This my opinion was only
    enhanced after reading your opening page. I suggest you get somebody else,
    optimally a man, to do your advertising for you.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Just a boogar in the proboscis of life.

    Neredbojias, Oct 31, 2007
  5. Michael Yardley wrote:
    > On Oct 31, 9:12 am, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    > <> wrote:
    >> Hot Pink Flamingo wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I hope it's OK that I post this here.

    >> Please see replies to your identical multi-post in alt.www.webmaster
    >>
    >> http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost
    >>
    >> --
    >> -bts
    >> -Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck

    > alt.www.webmaster
    >

    > Bad Gateway
    > The following error occurred:

    Code:
     The host name was not found during the DNS
    > lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found
    > by retrying the URL.[/color]

    Because it is NOT a website. It is a news group that requires a news
    reader to subscribe.

    Google's "web interface" URL for the group...

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.www.webmaster/topics
    Discussions - alt.www.webmaster | Google Groups

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 31, 2007
  6. Hot Pink Flamingo <> writes:

    > Hello,
    > I hope it's OK that I post this here. I'm a freelance web and
    > graphic
    > designer trying to get my business moving, and looking for work. My
    > rates are very low. If anyone here knows someone that might want to
    > use my services, please direct them to http://webdesign.hotpinkflamingo.net.

    I'm actually looking for a designer to work with in my consulting business,
    but to be frank - no thanks. The one example on your portfolio triggers
    quirks mode and has 51 validation errors. And please, save the floating
    bubbles, or whatever those little dots are supposed to be, for your MySpace
    profile. "Cutesy" stuff like that has no place on a site that's intended to
    be useful.

    Sorry to be harsh, but I take a rather dim view of people who charge for
    what is essentially beginner-level work.

    sherm--

    Sherman Pendley, Oct 31, 2007
  7. Michael Yardley <> writes:

    > On Oct 31, 9:12 am, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    > <> wrote:
    >> Hot Pink Flamingo wrote:
    >> > Hello,
    >> > I hope it's OK that I post this here.

    >> Please see replies to your identical multi-post in alt.www.webmaster
    >>
    >> http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost
    >>
    >> --
    >> -bts
    >> -Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck

    > alt.www.webmaster
    >

    > Bad Gateway
    > The following error occurred:

    Code:
     The host name was not found during the DNS
    > lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found
    > by retrying the URL.[/color]

    Is there a point to this, aside from demonstrating that you don't know
    the difference between a web site and a newsgroup?

    sherm--

    Sherman Pendley, Oct 31, 2007

    http://improve-usenet.org/

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 31, 2007
  9. Hot Pink Flamingo

    asdf Guest

    "Hot Pink Flamingo" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I hope it's OK that I post this here. I'm a freelance web and
    > graphic
    > designer trying to get my business moving, and looking for work. My
    > rates are very low. If anyone here knows someone that might want to
    > use my services, please direct them to
    > http://webdesign.hotpinkflamingo.net.
    > Thank you very much.
    > -Heather :)

    Heather,

    Please regard this as constructive criticism...

    Your home page is riddled with XHTML errors. In fact, it's so bad that the
    W3C validator can't parse it:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://webdesign.hotpinkflamingo.net/

    http://www.totalvalidator.com reports 42 (Parsing: 8, HTML: 24, WAI A: 4,
    WAI AA: 1, WAI AAA: 1, Link Errors: 4).

    Your portfolio site shows a similar problem with errors:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.mergirl44.com/ (51 HTML errors)

    If you specify a DOCTYPE (as you have done, and this is a good thing) in
    your code, you need to be prepared to stick to the specified standard in
    your coding.

    I think perhaps you should review the XHTML specification and correct your
    errors. You may get a better response from potential clients.

    Don't be disheartened by all this. We've all been there... the trick is to
    learn from one's mistakes and improve.

    I wish you good luck!

    asdf, Oct 31, 2007
  10. Hot Pink Flamingo

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <4728f553$0$17158$>,
    "asdf" <> wrote:

    > If you specify a DOCTYPE (as you have done, and this is a good thing) in
    > your code, you need to be prepared to stick to the specified standard in
    > your coding.
    >
    > I think perhaps you should review the XHTML specification and correct your
    > errors. You may get a better response from potential clients.

    The last is what I think is best called a moot point. Not saying
    that your (asdf) advice (snipped) is not good. It is good.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 31, 2007
  11. Hot Pink Flamingo

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 31 Oct, 21:36, "asdf" <> wrote:
    > I think perhaps you should review the XHTML specification and correct your
    > errors. You may get a better response from potential clients.

    Even better, don't use XHTML at all.

    Andy Dingley, Nov 1, 2007