web and graphic designer looking for freelance work

Hot Pink Flamingo

Hello,
I hope it's OK that I post this here. I'm a freelance web and
graphic
designer trying to get my business moving, and looking for work. My
rates are very low. If anyone here knows someone that might want to
use my services, please direct them to http://webdesign.hotpinkflamingo.net.
Thank you very much.
-Heather :)

Michael Yardley

Please see replies to your identical multi-post in alt.www.webmaster

alt.www.webmaster

Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
Code:
 The host name was not found during the DNS
lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found
by retrying the URL.

Please contact the administrator.

google newsgroups links and you can join the newsgroup.

You can bid for jobs here Heather.

http://www.ifreelance.com/landing.aspx?ag=583&k=24847&gclid=CJbqldbSuY8CFRdAQQodfCZwYQ

Join the movement to Google Groupers the most successful company
currently on the Net. Do not buy Vista this Xmas get a Dell with
Ubuntu Linux.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:51:36
GMT Hot Pink Flamingo scribed:
Hello,
I hope it's OK that I post this here. I'm a freelance web and
graphic
designer trying to get my business moving, and looking for work. My
rates are very low. If anyone here knows someone that might want to
use my services, please direct them to
http://webdesign.hotpinkflamingo.net. Thank you very much.
-Heather :)

Well, you probably know more about website crafting than I do, but your
spiel makes you sound like one of them dizzy broads who periodically plague
these environs for whatever reason turns 'em on. This my opinion was only
enhanced after reading your opening page. I suggest you get somebody else,
optimally a man, to do your advertising for you.

Jonathan N. Little

Michael said:
Please see replies to your identical multi-post in alt.www.webmaster

alt.www.webmaster

Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
Code:
 The host name was not found during the DNS
lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found
by retrying the URL.[/QUOTE]

Because it is NOT a website. It is a news group that requires a news
reader to subscribe.

Google's "web interface" URL for the group...

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.www.webmaster/topics
Discussions - alt.www.webmaster | Google Groups

Sherman Pendley

Hot Pink Flamingo said:
Hello,
I hope it's OK that I post this here. I'm a freelance web and
graphic
designer trying to get my business moving, and looking for work. My
rates are very low. If anyone here knows someone that might want to
use my services, please direct them to http://webdesign.hotpinkflamingo.net.

I'm actually looking for a designer to work with in my consulting business,
but to be frank - no thanks. The one example on your portfolio triggers
quirks mode and has 51 validation errors. And please, save the floating
bubbles, or whatever those little dots are supposed to be, for your MySpace
profile. "Cutesy" stuff like that has no place on a site that's intended to
be useful.

Sorry to be harsh, but I take a rather dim view of people who charge for
what is essentially beginner-level work.

sherm--

Sherman Pendley

Michael Yardley said:
Please see replies to your identical multi-post in alt.www.webmaster

alt.www.webmaster

Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
Code:
 The host name was not found during the DNS
lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found
by retrying the URL.[/QUOTE]

Is there a point to this, aside from demonstrating that you don't know
the difference between a web site and a newsgroup?

sherm--

asdf

Hot Pink Flamingo said:
Hello,
I hope it's OK that I post this here. I'm a freelance web and
graphic
designer trying to get my business moving, and looking for work. My
rates are very low. If anyone here knows someone that might want to
use my services, please direct them to
http://webdesign.hotpinkflamingo.net.
Thank you very much.
-Heather :)

Heather,

Please regard this as constructive criticism...

Your home page is riddled with XHTML errors. In fact, it's so bad that the
W3C validator can't parse it:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://webdesign.hotpinkflamingo.net/

http://www.totalvalidator.com reports 42 (Parsing: 8, HTML: 24, WAI A: 4,
WAI AA: 1, WAI AAA: 1, Link Errors: 4).

Your portfolio site shows a similar problem with errors:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.mergirl44.com/ (51 HTML errors)

If you specify a DOCTYPE (as you have done, and this is a good thing) in
your code, you need to be prepared to stick to the specified standard in
your coding.

I think perhaps you should review the XHTML specification and correct your
errors. You may get a better response from potential clients.

Don't be disheartened by all this. We've all been there... the trick is to
learn from one's mistakes and improve.

I wish you good luck!

dorayme

"asdf said:
If you specify a DOCTYPE (as you have done, and this is a good thing) in
your code, you need to be prepared to stick to the specified standard in
your coding.

I think perhaps you should review the XHTML specification and correct your
errors. You may get a better response from potential clients.

The last is what I think is best called a moot point. Not saying
that your (asdf) advice (snipped) is not good. It is good.

Andy Dingley

I think perhaps you should review the XHTML specification and correct your
errors. You may get a better response from potential clients.

Even better, don't use XHTML at all.