Web app leaving SQL database connections open

Robin9876

In an ASP.Net v2 web application that connects to a SQL 2005 database.
It appears that it is not closing the connections to the database and
leaves 100 db connections open and then the application can not open
any more connections.

Why is the database connections still active (sleeping in activity
monitor) despite the code closing the connection?

How can you enable application pooling for a web application?

George

I doubt that it happens "despite the code closing the connection"
Most likely it happens because of lack of code that closes connection.
Show us the snippet of code where you work with DB.

PS: Pooling is enabled automatically, but connection needs to be closed to
become available for pooling.

George.