    WinForms app?
    Thanks for any input.

    RJ
    RJ, Aug 21, 2004

  2. RJ

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi RJ:

    From a permissions standpoint it might be easier to do this with a
    WinForm app.

    With ASP.NET it becomes tough to access remote servers. You can use
    impersonation, but without kerberos delegation enabled impersonation
    has a "one-hop" limit. The user's credentials are passed from the
    client machine to the web server (one hop), but the web server cannot
    use the credentials to make a second hop to another machine to copy
    files.

    Other solutions include running the ASP.NET worker process under a
    domain account. In this scenario the domain account would need
    permissions on all the remote server you need to reach, so then you'll
    need to be very careful with who had authorization to use your web
    app.

    Food for thought, HTH,

    --
    Scott