web app project errors after installing sp1

gerry

On winXP with VSTE for software developers installed,
I downloaded and installed vs2005 sp1

during the install i was informed that I had to uninstall the web
application project package
I did the uninstall of the wap and restarted the install
everything seemed to go fine with the sp install after that

however when I try to open an existing web application project or create a
new web application project i get the following error :

Package Load Failure

Package
'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Application.WAPackage,Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Application,Version=8.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' has failed to load properly ( GUID =
{349C5850-65DF-11DA-9384-00065B846F21}.) Please contact package
vendor for assistance. ...

restarting the machine , reinstalling the sp has had no effect.

googling for this error has returned no results.
I don't see any uninstall for SP1 - so short of reinstalling windows and
VS - what do i do ?

Gerry

steve

I went to Add or Remove Programs, find Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Web
Application Projects.
Click on it, then click on "Change"
Choose Repair on the Popup Dialog.
Fixed this issue for me

Stevepro

gerry

Hi Steve,
I had to do a complete uninstall of WAP before the SP would install. It
doesn't appear in the Add/Remove applictaion list - did you reinstall the
older pre-SP1 WAP package?
I am just waiting for a chance to do a complete os reinstall assuming that
that will fix things up.
Gerry