    Any ideas are always appreciated.

    - Richard
    - MAIL, Inc

    Richard, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Hmmm... It seems like you might want to keep track in your database of how
    many labels each customer has purchased, as well as the number they have
    pre-paid for. Then it's a simple query to find out if they have reached
    their limit.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 16, 2004

  3. Richard

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in news:cd8ou0$nd5
    @odbk17.prod.google.com:

    > I'm not quite sure the best way of going about this (code in the
    > business tier or stored procedure on the SQL Server). I have an
    > e-commerce web app that generates labels for the user. The sales
    > department wants to offer "packages" where the customer pre-pays for n
    > amount of labels made. Once they hit their limit, the feature is
    > disabled.

    A simple way is to have a table with the UserID, Labels Purchase, Labels
    Used

    Enable the fuction if Labels purchased is >= Labels Used.

    Of course you can design the database tables to be much more complex (i.e.
    have a "Packages Table" which you reference) but that maybe a little too
    much for you if you're not familiar with SQL.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Jul 16, 2004