web application development

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by androger, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. androger

    androger Guest

    hi,

    I'm using win2k professional, and i'm having trouble
    whenever i try to open a web service project in VS.NET
    2003, I'm always getting this message:

    "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web
    server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be
    unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services."

    The funny thing is that I never had that message before,
    It just started one day(I must have done something.. don't
    know what). So i tried executing

    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
    \aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    didn't help .. so I remove all .NET components and VS.NET
    2003, and did a reinstall... same error! I'm desperate,
    don't know what to do, any help or hint would be
    appreciated, thank you!
    ..

    androger, Nov 6, 2003

  2. You can use the IIS Admin snap-in to verify that the correct version of
    ASP.Net is being used by a given web site. Go into the web site's Properties
    dialog, Home Directory tab, and click on the "Configuration" button. You can
    see what version of what ISAPI is being used for the various file extensions
    there.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer