    JV Guest

    Anyone know how to get a path to your web application's folder at design
    time? I've tried using MapPathSecure in the OnInit call, but no luck.
    JV, Mar 30, 2005

  2. On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:03:25 -0500, JV wrote:

    > Anyone know how to get a path to your web application's folder at design
    > time? I've tried using MapPathSecure in the OnInit call, but no luck.

    there is no good and clean (i mean documented) way to do this, it depends
    on IDE (developing environment) that you use. I tried to solve this problem
    but I am *NOT* happy with the result, you can try my solution because I am
    not sure that will work with new versions of VS.NET IDE, I tested it with
    VS.NET 2003.

    This assembly also suports Borland IDE's and here I AM SURE that this will
    work forever because Borland defined nice and clean interfaces for IDE
    intergration (not just design time)

    Here is how this works, in this PDesignTimeTools.dll there are 2 dll's
    included as resource, one for BDS and one for VS.NET, only purpose of this
    included dll's is to get web app path for selected IDE in design time.
    PDesignTimeTools first detects IDE used and then it extracts proper
    assembly from resource and call code to get web app path for current IDE.

    I used resource dll's because I did not wont to include dependancies on
    both BDS and VS.NET, and any other IDE specific dll that I will include in
    this project.

    here it is :

    http://www.antoniob.com/projects/PDesignTimeTools.aspx

    free and source included, beware Delphi.NET !

    --
    http://www.antoniob.com/
    remove antispam XremoveX from e-mail !
    Antonio Bakula, Mar 31, 2005