Web Application opens as Web Site Project

Robert Gills

I've got a Web Application project that I converted from a 2003 Web
Application project. The conversion works fine but when I check it into
source safe and try to load it on another machine it always opens as a Web
Site project.

Any clues?

I've tried opening from the file->open menu and from Source Control->Open
Project from Source control but can't get either way to work.

Thanks,

Robert

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Robert,

Do you have the Web Project plugin installed for the VS 2005, or SP1 for
VS 2005 on the other machine?

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

RG> I've got a Web Application project that I converted from a 2003 Web
RG> Application project. The conversion works fine but when I check it
RG> into source safe and try to load it on another machine it always
RG> opens as a Web Site project.
RG>
RG> Any clues?
RG>
RG> I've tried opening from the file->open menu and from Source
RG> Control->Open Project from Source control but can't get either way
RG> to work.
RG>
RG> Thanks,
RG>
RG> Robert

Robert Gills

Hi Michael,

Yes, I do. I think I've found a hint out there. If I get latest from VSS
it retrieves a .webinfo file from the old 2003 project. Having this in the
directory appears to cause the project to load as a Web Site project. Once
I removed this file it appears to work consistently.

Hopefully that helps someone out there.