Web Application Suddenly No Longer Authenticating AD

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by mirlisa, Mar 15, 2006.

  1. mirlisa

    mirlisa Guest

    We have an odd problem.

    Sometime this morning our classic asp web application stopped
    authenticating against active directory. This is our only "classic" asp
    app that authenticates against ad. Note that this app has been in
    production for three years with no problems. All .NET apps are
    authenticating fine from the same server. This same classic asp app
    authenticates fine from our development server. There have been no code
    changes to this app.

    We're using the login id and password to bind the necessary ad objects
    - we check for err.number - if equal to zero, we're authenticated, if
    not equal to zero then authentication failed.

    We checked with the network people and they say ad is working fine and
    the server is able to authenticate. The app doesn't go through a
    firewall -so no hang up there. The guys who manage the web server say
    they haven't made any changes to it. They confirmed that the app is in
    the correct app pool so it doesn't conflict with 2.0 apps.

    I'm stumped. Any ideas or suggestions about what to look at next?

    Thanks.
    Lisa
    mirlisa, Mar 15, 2006

  2. mirlisa

    mirlisa Guest

    I should have added that the web server is a Windows 2003 Server.
    mirlisa, Mar 15, 2006