Web Application Suddenly No Longer Authenticating AD

mirlisa

We have an odd problem.

Sometime this morning our classic asp web application stopped
authenticating against active directory. This is our only "classic" asp
app that authenticates against ad. Note that this app has been in
production for three years with no problems. All .NET apps are
authenticating fine from the same server. This same classic asp app
authenticates fine from our development server. There have been no code
changes to this app.

We're using the login id and password to bind the necessary ad objects
- we check for err.number - if equal to zero, we're authenticated, if
not equal to zero then authentication failed.

We checked with the network people and they say ad is working fine and
the server is able to authenticate. The app doesn't go through a
firewall -so no hang up there. The guys who manage the web server say
they haven't made any changes to it. They confirmed that the app is in
the correct app pool so it doesn't conflict with 2.0 apps.

I'm stumped. Any ideas or suggestions about what to look at next?

Thanks.
Lisa