Web Application using SAPI Automation Object =================== (ddd|xxx)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by David H Wong, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. David H Wong

    David H Wong Guest

    In my web application (running on IIS 5) which converts a client input
    text to wave file, the "Voice.Speak" line gives a run error with stack
    trace:

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\TextToVoice\WebForm1.aspx.vb Line:
    62

    ==============
    Stack Trace:

    [COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error]
    DotNetSpeech.SpVoiceClass.Speak(String Text, SpeechVoiceSpeakFlags
    Flags)+0
    TextToVoice.WebForm1.TextToWav() in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\TextToVoice\WebForm1.aspx.vb:62
    TextToVoice.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\TextToVoice\WebForm1.aspx.vb:33

    However the application runs fine on my Visual Studio .NET 2003
    development
    computer.

    Any help is much appreciated.

    David H Wong, Apr 8, 2005