    network traffic.

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks!
    TriAdmin, Mar 6, 2008

  2. "TriAdmin" <> writes:

    > Would you just poll every 15 seconds? That would create a lot of unnecessary
    > network traffic.

    Polling is definitely the easiest way to go about it, though you may
    want to search on Comet. Note that not everyone here is convinced its
    problems are worth the gains. I'm currently working on a comet-like
    system meself, and until that's been tried in the wild I'm leaning
    towards "worth the trouble, but only for certain problems".

    Joost Diepenmaat, Mar 6, 2008

  3. TriAdmin

    TriAdmin Guest

    what is Comet?