Web based Applications, Applets, or Standalone?

Battler

Hi

I have noticed that many applications are Web based driven. I believe that
may be the result of how popular the Web is nowadays for accessing
information.

How does one use Java to create a Web based application? I have come up with
a general architecture.

1. Capture input from a Web interface.
2. Use a script to launch a Java program to take the input, process it, and
format the result.
- Javascript for client-side processing
- ASP for server-side processing.
3. Display result in the Web interface.

Any tips for me?

Thanks in advance
Battler

KC Wong

I have noticed that many applications are Web based driven. I believe that
may be the result of how popular the Web is nowadays for accessing
information.
How does one use Java to create a Web based application? I have come up with
a general architecture.

1. Capture input from a Web interface.
2. Use a script to launch a Java program to take the input, process it, and
format the result.
- Javascript for client-side processing
- ASP for server-side processing.
3. Display result in the Web interface.

Any tips for me?

I think you have a lot of reading to do... search the web and learn more
about J2EE (Enterprise Edition), Application Server, Servlet, JSP (Java
Server Pages), and Web Services.

Chris Smith

KC said:
I think you have a lot of reading to do... search the web and learn more
about J2EE (Enterprise Edition), Application Server, Servlet, JSP (Java
Server Pages), and Web Services.

To narrow the list a bit, if you want a normal web application, look at
servlets and JSP -- you can forget most of J2EE, application servers,
and web services for now, because they solve different problems that you
don't have yet.

Then I'll add to the list: look at Struts or JSF; they will make your
life easier.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation