    --
    Graham Drabble
    http://www.drabble.me.uk/

    Graham Drabble, Mar 11, 2010

  2. Graham Drabble

    Uri Guttman Guest

    GD> I've been asked to find some basic / intermediate Perl courses for a
    GD> colleague. We've already got Learning Perl and Programming Perl on the
    GD> bookshelf but I've been asked to get a Web course that they can follow.

    GD> I know that many people here have a very low opinion of many of
    GD> them and having reviewed a couple I agree. What's the consensus on
    GD> the best (least worst!) ones?

    almost all the web tutorials suck donkey eggs.

    but the o'reilly school of technology (yes, the publisher) has just
    released their perl level 1 class and are planning something like 5-6
    levels. these come with continuing education credits from a real
    university as well. i recommend them as i know the author well (peter
    scott) and he is very good at perl training. there are current discounts
    on the course so tell your colleague about them.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Mar 11, 2010

  3. Graham Drabble

    John Bokma Guest

    "Uri Guttman" <> writes:

    > but the o'reilly school of technology (yes, the publisher) has just
    > released their perl level 1 class and are planning something like 5-6
    > levels. these come with continuing education credits from a real
    > university as well. i recommend them as i know the author well (peter
    > scott) and he is very good at perl training. there are current discounts
    > on the course so tell your colleague about them.

    http://www.oreillyschool.com/courses/

    thanks Uri

    --
    John Bokma j3b

    John Bokma, Mar 11, 2010
  4. On 11 Mar 2010 "Uri Guttman" <> wrote in

    > GD> I've been asked to find some basic / intermediate Perl
    > courses for a GD> colleague. We've already got Learning Perl and
    > Programming Perl on the GD> bookshelf but I've been asked to get
    > a Web course that they can follow.
    >
    > GD> I know that many people here have a very low opinion of many
    > of GD> them and having reviewed a couple I agree. What's the
    > consensus on GD> the best (least worst!) ones?
    >
    > almost all the web tutorials suck donkey eggs.
    >
    > but the o'reilly school of technology (yes, the publisher) has
    > just released their perl level 1 class and are planning something
    > like 5-6 levels. these come with continuing education credits from
    > a real university as well. i recommend them as i know the author
    > well (peter scott) and he is very good at perl training. there are
    > current discounts on the course so tell your colleague about them.

    Thanks. Not sure I'll get the boss to actually spend money but we can
    try.

    --
    Graham Drabble
    http://www.drabble.me.uk/