Web Based Perl Courses

Graham Drabble

Hi,

I've been asked to find some basic / intermediate Perl courses for a
colleague. We've already got Learning Perl and Programming Perl on the
bookshelf but I've been asked to get a Web course that they can follow.

I know that many people here have a very low opinion of many of them
and having reviewed a couple I agree. What's the consensus on the best
(least worst!) ones?

Uri Guttman

GD> I've been asked to find some basic / intermediate Perl courses for a
GD> colleague. We've already got Learning Perl and Programming Perl on the
GD> bookshelf but I've been asked to get a Web course that they can follow.

GD> I know that many people here have a very low opinion of many of
GD> them and having reviewed a couple I agree. What's the consensus on
GD> the best (least worst!) ones?

almost all the web tutorials suck donkey eggs.

but the o'reilly school of technology (yes, the publisher) has just
released their perl level 1 class and are planning something like 5-6
levels. these come with continuing education credits from a real
university as well. i recommend them as i know the author well (peter
scott) and he is very good at perl training. there are current discounts
on the course so tell your colleague about them.

uri

John Bokma

Uri Guttman said:
but the o'reilly school of technology (yes, the publisher) has just
released their perl level 1 class and are planning something like 5-6
levels. these come with continuing education credits from a real
university as well. i recommend them as i know the author well (peter
scott) and he is very good at perl training. there are current discounts
on the course so tell your colleague about them.

http://www.oreillyschool.com/courses/

thanks Uri

Graham Drabble

GD> I've been asked to find some basic / intermediate Perl
courses for a GD> colleague. We've already got Learning Perl and
Programming Perl on the GD> bookshelf but I've been asked to get
a Web course that they can follow.

GD> I know that many people here have a very low opinion of many
of GD> them and having reviewed a couple I agree. What's the
consensus on GD> the best (least worst!) ones?

almost all the web tutorials suck donkey eggs.

but the o'reilly school of technology (yes, the publisher) has
just released their perl level 1 class and are planning something
like 5-6 levels. these come with continuing education credits from
a real university as well. i recommend them as i know the author
well (peter scott) and he is very good at perl training. there are
current discounts on the course so tell your colleague about them.

Thanks. Not sure I'll get the boss to actually spend money but we can
try.