Web-based personal development co. looking for programmers

Discussion in 'Java' started by jconxus@gmail.com, Mar 31, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Web-based personal development co. looking for programmers

    Mylinia.com
    Live purposefully!

    Who:
    Mylinia.com is a personal development company located in the heart of
    the Silicon Valley, started in 2006 by 3 Stanford business school
    students who are dedicated to helping people all over the world reach
    their full potential. We envision a better world where people have
    the freedom to live purposefully, learn freely, and love
    unconditionally.

    What:
    We provide an online platform that enables our co-owners (not users;
    we’re not here to use anybody!) to customize their personal
    development experiences and realized their dreams by allowing them to
    find resources that are relevant to their passions.

    How:
    We trademarked a straightforward formula Problems + Passions =
    Purpose™ to help people begin the process of answering life’s most
    important question, “What is my purpose?†Via our online community,
    co-owners are able to share their journey, tag and find tools, set
    goals, and engage their best friends in the pursuit of their
    purpose.

    Software Engineer
    We’re seeking a bright, energetic, and dedicated team player who has
    strong, versatile computer science fundamentals who will be a core
    contributor to architecting, building, and scaling mylinia’s backend.
    You will need strong skills in application and server-side
    development; experience and/or interest in designing and maintaining
    high-volume systems is a big plus.

    Responsibilities:
    Architect and maintain a reliable backend system to support dynamic
    web frontend
    * Assist in scaling and optimizing communication integration between
    frontend and backend
    * Assist in testing and optimizing regularly scheduled releases
    * Proactively recommend architecture changes and suggest new coding
    practices
    * Collaborate with frontend programmers to optimize scalability and
    network efficiency
    * Stay up-to-date with new technologies

    Ideal Candidate:
    The Senior .NET Developer will have at least five years of experience
    in software development and IT. You must have good communication
    skills and can work with other developers and independently. You are
    expected to take a lead role in project management.

    Compensation:
    Negotiable mix of equity and salary dependent on cultural fit, skill
    set, experience, and the amount of time you are able to commit per
    through our series A round.

    Process:
    Email Jullien Gordon with your resume at

    , Mar 31, 2007

  2. On Mar 31, 10:07 am, wrote:
    > Web-based personal development co. looking for programmers
    >
    > MySPAMMER.com
    > Live purposefully!

    Die painfully!

    (..and if that is going to be a slow death,
    do it somewhere else.)

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 31, 2007

  3. rhino Guest

    <> wrote in message
[...]

    PurposeT to help people begin the process of answering life's most

    --
    Uhh, why are you posting a job for .NET developers on a Java newsgroup?

    --
    Rhino

    rhino, Mar 31, 2007
  4. On Mar 31, 2:27 pm, "rhino" <>
    wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > Ideal Candidate:
    > The Senior .NET Developer

    > Uhh, why are you posting a job for .NET developers on a Java newsgroup?

    Because the OP is yet another complete moron,
    multi-posting spammer? They practise the
    'shotgun technique' of spamming, vis.
    <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?
    enc_user=aqtaHxEAAADnqwwdwqHbpcY4Yz37SxftkdEasx1kiYTQavV7mdW13Q>

    If you fire your spam at enough groups, you are
    bound to hit the right one, eventually.

    And please trim the majority of their idiot
    words*, when replying. * That one actually
    had me laughing all the way through it, with
    their 'oh so serious' use of techno-advertising
    babble.

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 31, 2007