WEB BASED SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT/ CAREER POSITION/ IN

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by OMNI GROUP, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. OMNI GROUP

    OMNI GROUP Guest

    OMNI
    GROUP

    419-537-9447

    WEB BASED SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/ CAREER POSITION/ FT WAYNE AREA

    This is a major company located in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area. Full
    company benefits are offered with this career position. Working conditions
    are said to be excellent, and advancement opportunities exist. Local and
    regional candidates will have first choice, but all will be considered.

    If interested and qualified, answer the seven questions at the bottom of
    the page. Email answers

    WITH a resume that reflects the needed skills to: .

    JOB DESCRIPTION - SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

    Successful candidate will be a member of a global software development team
    and have responsibilities related to the creation and maintenance of
    information & engineering systems supporting business processes of various
    types.

    REQUIREMENTS

    Bachelors degree (or equivalent) preferably in computer science, information
    systems, engineering, or a related discipline and a minimum of four (4)
    years of directly applicable software development experience.

    Complete understanding of the software development life cycle, excellent
    leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and a passion for
    customer centricity.

    Candidate must demonstrate a proven ability to plan, design, develop, and
    document complex client-server and web based software using the following
    technologies:

    - Visual Basic .NET

    - ASP.NET

    - Visual Basic 6.0

    - Oracle and SQL Server databases

    Preferred Skills:

    - Java

    - Java Script

    - Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)

    - Apache / Tomcat

    Position located in Fort Wayne, IN

    Email answers WITH a resume to .

    1.. Web base experience -------------------yrs
    2.. VB experience ---------------------------yrs
    3.. ASP.NET exp ----------------------------yrs
    4.. Oracle and SQL server databases ------yrs
    5.. Java ----------------------------------------yrs
    6.. Citizenship Status ------------------------
    7.. Salary requirements ---------------------K + full benefits

    OMNI GROUP, Aug 7, 2006

  2. This is not a job board.

    --
    ________________________
    Warm regards,

    [Shameless Author plug]
    Professional VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley
    The O.W.C. Black Book with .NET
    www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon
    Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/blogs/alvin

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Aug 8, 2006

  3. OMNI GROUP

    Phil Guest

    Alvin Bruney [MVP] wrote:
    > This is not a job board.
    >
    > --
    > ________________________
    > Warm regards,
    > Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

    So? It IS Usenet.

    Phil, Aug 8, 2006
  4. > So? It IS Usenet.

    Assuming you're a programmer, I'm going to explain the flaw in your logic.

    Apparently, you're implying that because this is a "Usenet" newsgroup, it is
    logical to post any kind of message to it. Usenet is a messaging system.
    However, it is not a single messaging system, even though all Usenet servers
    use the same protocol. A protocol is a standard for messaging that enables
    diverse systems to send, receive, and understand messages from each other.
    The use of a single protocol by multiple systems is common. For example,
    almost all traffic on the Internet is sent via TCP or UDP.

    In fact, like the WWW, Usenet has many servers. Each server may host many
    newsgroups. Each newsgroup is a logical grouping of messages, which is
    further broken down into hierarchies of subjects. The reasons for this are
    the same reasons that your hard drive is divided up into logical groupings
    of files in a hierarchy of directories. Files are easier to find when they
    are logically grouped. In Usenet, the information that one is looking for is
    easier to find because of the logical grouping of newsgroups, and the
    hierarchy of subjects.

    The reason why it is not logical to post a message on a newsgroup that is
    not relevant to that newsgroup's purpose is to maintain the logical order
    that enables users to find what they need or want quickly. Messages that do
    not fall into the category of a newsgroup's stated purpose disrupt the
    order, and make the medium more difficult to use.

    The best test of any behavior is to imagine what would happen if everybody
    practiced it. If everyone posted any message willy-nilly on any newsgroup,
    newsgroups would become useless. They would simply be containers of random
    messages, none of which would necessarily have anything to do with any of
    the others. It would be akin to taking an encyclopedia, removing all of the
    pages from all of the volumes, and replacing them in random order. One would
    have to start at the beginning and scan every page until one found the
    information one was looking for, every single time one needed to use it.

    Apparently, at some point in our history, one or more people had the idea of
    organizing things logically, for the purpose of optimizing time spent
    looking for things. The human race has been doing this for our entire
    recorded history. Perhaps it's a good idea.

    So there.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer