Web browsers with XML client side support in Mac 0S 9.x environment?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Diego TERCERO, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. Hi everyone,
    I'v just discovered the benefits of XmlHttpRequest for building very
    dynamic web components.

    I work in a company were we're commercializing an application with a Web
    client. One of our initial requirements on this client was to be sure
    that it would have a high cross-browser compatibility. More
    specifically, we have custommers that need this application to run on
    Mac OS 9.x systems.

    I was wondering if anyone knew here if there were ways to support client
    side Xml handling for Mac OS 9.x web browsers and eventually support for
    client side XmlHttpRequest.

    I'm aware that this kind of support is available on Mac OS X Tiger
    platform with Safari since version 1.2 but what about older platforms?

    Any help on this subject would be highly appreciated,

    Regards,

    Diego Tercero

    o----------------------------------------------o
    | http://open-news.net : l'info alternative |
    | Tech - Sciences - Politique - International |
    o----------------------------------------------o

    Diego TERCERO, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Diego TERCERO wrote:

    > I'v just discovered the benefits of XmlHttpRequest for building very
    > dynamic web components.
    >
    > I work in a company were we're commercializing an application with a Web
    > client. One of our initial requirements on this client was to be sure
    > that it would have a high cross-browser compatibility. More
    > specifically, we have custommers that need this application to run on
    > Mac OS 9.x systems.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew here if there were ways to support client
    > side Xml handling for Mac OS 9.x web browsers and eventually support for
    > client side XmlHttpRequest.

    Mozilla has support for XMLHttpRequest since 1.0 and according to
    <http://www.mozilla.org/download.html#os9>
    there is a Mozilla 1.2 download for Mac OS 9.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Mar 3, 2005