Web Caching

Archi3

Just recently we have encountered a weird problem with our
webserver...running IIS 5 and W2000 SP4

When testing an ASP page, if you get an error of some sort in your browser,
when you go into the code and fix the problem, save the changes, when you
refresh the page, the error stays there, even though the code is correct.
The problem is not fixed until you rename the page, and the open it in your
browser to work fine??

Any suggestions, I believe this begin happening after SP4 install? is this
just coincidence or did SP4 cause this?

-Archi3

Tony Archer

Its not just a 2000 problem (regardless of SP) It happens on NT 4 as well.

The solution is to bounce the web server.

You can create a batch to do it cleanly and quickly for you.
Like this:
====
@echo off
net stop iisadmin /y