    Any suggestions, I believe this begin happening after SP4 install? is this
    just coincidence or did SP4 cause this?

    -Archi3
    Archi3, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Archi3

    Tony Archer Guest

    Its not just a 2000 problem (regardless of SP) It happens on NT 4 as well.

    The solution is to bounce the web server.

    You can create a batch to do it cleanly and quickly for you.
    Like this:
    ====
    @echo off
    net stop iisadmin /y
    net start w3svc
    net start smtpsvc
    net start msftpsvc
    net start nntpsvc
    ====

    "Archi3" <> wrote in message
    > Just recently we have encountered a weird problem with our
    > webserver...running IIS 5 and W2000 SP4
    >
    > When testing an ASP page, if you get an error of some sort in your

    browser,
    > when you go into the code and fix the problem, save the changes, when you
    > refresh the page, the error stays there, even though the code is correct.
    > The problem is not fixed until you rename the page, and the open it in

    your

    Tony Archer, Nov 26, 2003