web.config authentication problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Mr. x, Dec 13, 2003.

  1. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    I have in the web.config file something like this :

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="main.aspx" protection="All"
    timeout="1" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true">
    </forms>
    <passport redirectUrl="internal" />
    </authentication>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    When I try to open main.aspx I get the error :
    Configuration Error

    in IIS.

    The same error is on my computer, and also on hosting computer.

    Why ?

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Dec 13, 2003