    me any clues to this problem.

    Regards,
    Matt,
    Matt, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Matt

    Alek Davis Guest

    Matt,

    Every time a Web.config file is saved, IIS will recycle the corresponding
    Web site. If you think about it, this feature provides more benefit then
    problem (in most cases). For example, many applications load configuration
    settings from Web.config in the application OnStart event, so if you modify
    the Web.config, the changes only take effect when the application is
    restarted. I am not sure why Microsoft does not provide an easy interface to
    modify Web.config programmatically; it would be a welcome addition.

    Alek

    Alek Davis, Dec 2, 2003