Web Config Error What may be the problem?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Arif Çimen, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. Arif Çimen

    Arif Çimen Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I made my first ASP.Net application and deployed it.

    There came an error on the server:

    What may be wrong in web.config file , or do I have to put it on to the root
    of my site.

    Thanks for any help.

    Arif Çimen.
    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Configuration Error

    in IIS.

    Source Error:

    Line 35: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile
    services for member sites.
    Line 36: -->
    Line 37: <authentication mode="Forms" />
    Line 38: <!-- AUTHORIZATION Windows
    Line 39: This section sets the authorization policies of the
    application. You can allow or deny access

    Source File: C:\Webroot\tr\com\prowise\Proje Talep
    Formu\WebApplication1\web.config Line: 37

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2032
    Arif Çimen, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Arif Çimen

    Brock Allen Guest

    Yes, web.config with settings like <authentication> needs to be deployed
    to the root directory of your application. This also means that you've configured
    this directory in IIS as an independant application (aka virtual directory).

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 29, 2005