Web.config File Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Malik Asif Joyia, May 6, 2004.

  1. Hello
    I want to implement the forms based authentication. for a sub directory in my webapplication.
    I have allready applied Forms based authentication in my webapplication ,,
    I have added a folder in my webapplication for the admin side of the webside and want to implement forms based authentication. so that admin users can be checked for security. i added a web.config file. but when i add the code below

    <authorization>

    <deny users="?" />

    </authorization>

    <authentication mode="Forms">

    <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" protection="All" timeout="60" loginUrl="login_form.aspx" />

    </authentication>

    It Gives me error in the webconfig file .

    /****************************************************************
    Server Error in '/GPM' Application.

    Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

    Source Error:

    Line 5: <deny users="?" />
    Line 6: </authorization>
    Line 7: <authentication mode="Forms">
    Line 8: <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" protection="All" timeout="60" loginUrl="login.aspx" />
    Line 9: </authentication>

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\GPM\User_Module\web.config Line: 7

    Version Information: Microsoft NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

    /******************************************************************

    how can i correct it

    Thanks

    Software Developer
    Chemmed Corporation USA

    Malik Asif Joyia, May 6, 2004

  2. Malik Asif Joyia

    avnrao Guest

    has the virtual directory been configured as an application in IIS?

    Av.

    avnrao, May 6, 2004