Web.Config file seems to be ignored

Guest

Hi,

I have a situation like this:

wwwroot has a web.config file that adds a custom http module

<httpModules>
<add name="MyModue" type="MyType,MyAssembly" />
</httpModules>

This works wonderfully.

Problem is I have another directory under wwwroot that has this in the
web.config file located there.

<httpModules>
<remove name="MyModule" />
</httpModules>

If I call a page in wwwroot the http module runs and all is well. If I call
a page in the subdirectory that I would expect the http module not to run but
it does run.

Any ideas in what I am doing wrong?

Karl Seguin

If your subdir is an application or virtual dir, it won't inherit the
settings from the parent web.config.

karl

Guest

subdir is not an application or virtual Directory. It is just a plain
directory. It seems to find it because if I introduce an error in the file...
it complains. It just seems to ignore the "remove".

Guest

The names match. In my first post they don't "MyModue" <> "MyModule. This is
a typo in the post.

In my code they match exactly case and everything

Karl Seguin

I played with it and couldn't get it to work :(

In the httpModule itself, you could look at the path and skip processing
....not an elegant solution...

Karl