    file in a common folder that all the apps can reach ?

    Thanks
    Deasun

    Deasun, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Deasun

    Deasun Guest

    Thanks for the reply.
    Thats what I was thinking too. just taught I would ask
    and see what others were doing.
    Thanks

    in
    >> the apps folder. We would like to make one config file
    >> where all our apps can get the info from.
    >> ?'s;
    >> 1] Do we have to use the machine.config for this ?
    >> 2] Could we create a web.config file and have our all
    >> projects point to it ? (if so how would we do

    this? :) )

    Deasun, Jul 17, 2003

  3. You would probably need to use machine.config, as its the settings machine
    wide. You could also use a separate config file of your own, accessable via
    a DLL that is GAC registered. This would be accesible from anywhere in the
    machine also, and thus the config file could be centralised. Method 1 is a
    lot easier, but take a back up of your machine config before you go messing
    with it.

    --
    Regards

    John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
    <shameless_author_plug>
    ISBN:1-861007-91-4
    Professional Windows Forms
    ISBN: 1861005547
    Professional JSP 2nd Edition
    ISBN: 1861004958
    Professional JSP
    ISBN: 1861003625
    Beginning JSP Web Development
    ISBN: 1861002092
    </shameless_author_plug>

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Jul 17, 2003