Web Config forms authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tma, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. tma

    tma Guest

    I'm attempting to do Forms authentication in my web.config but I'm having a
    bit of difficulty. My web config looks like the following:

    <location path="newuser.aspx"><system.web><authorization><allow
    users="*"/></authorization></system.web></location>

    <location path="regdataentry.aspx"><system.web><authorization><allow
    roles="Administrator"/><deny
    users="?"/></authorization></system.web></location>

    My code is the following for testing purposes. My symtom right now is that
    even though the "User" role is not authorized for form "regdataentry.aspx"
    it still loads.

    Dim MyIdentity As New GenericIdentity("MyIdentity")

    Dim MyStringArray As String() = {"User"}

    Dim MyPrincipal As New GenericPrincipal(MyIdentity, MyStringArray)

    Thread.CurrentPrincipal = MyPrincipalI'm

    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    tma, Aug 11, 2004