Web.config -- httpRuntime maxRequestLength Doesn't work as one would expect

David Elliott

I have a webservice written in C# that accepts a file size. The customer has
requested larger file sizes to be accepted.

I have the following set within my web.config.

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="25600"
useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true"
executionTimeout="40000"/>

I am allowing up to a 25 meg file to be sent to the webservice. The problem is
that the file can NOT be uploaded. It is throwing a size exception.

I started increasing the maxRequestLength in increments of 2000. I found that I
could not submit the 25 meg document until I increased the maxRequestLength
of the request to a value of 35600 (~35 meg).

There seems to be a 10 meg difference. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave