web.config ignored

Brian Webb

My web.config settings are being ignored.
I have check IIS and the application is presiding in my root directory.
There are no other web.config files on the box.

When I move the application to another server, everything works fine.
Some evidence of the web.config being ignored includes:
The previous version of the config had a customer error page defined, this
one does not, but error still trigger the custom error page.
All of the versions have the authentication set to forms, but the system is
ignoring it.

Any ideas?

My next step is a planned purge of the system, if needed.

Brian Webb
HarborObjects, LLC.

Arvind P Rangan

Hi Brian,
First check the IIS security is set to anonymous user if so remove it.
and kindly delete the web.config which is in the current application and
create a new one.
and apply all the security what you want.
Hope this helps you
Arvind.

Brian Webb

No success.

Next step unless someone has a better idea, is to run the .Net repair.

Brian Webb
HarborObjects, LLC.

Andrea D'Onofrio [MSFT]

Does your asp.net web app configured as Application in IIS?
Have you changed the configuration files (enterprise, etc.) under the
<%sframework%>\config folder?

HtH,
Andrea

Brian Webb

Uninstalled .Net then reinstalled .Net problem is gone.

Brian Webb
HarborObjects, LLC.