    anything. This is the first time we have used .net on a production server so
    a suspect it is a security issue or some kind of permissions issue. Regards,
    Chris.

    Chris Kennedy, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Hi,

    Go to the IIS admin and create an application in the directory where you
    put your files.

    Cheers,

    --
    Ignacio Machin,
    ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us

    "Chris Kennedy" <> wrote in message
    > I created a web app on my local machine and it works fine. I physically

    copy

    Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \), Jun 1, 2004

  3. How do you that. I have looked in the properties of the virtual directory in
    IIS and it says there is application (well it shows a name, the same as the
    virtual and execute permissions). Regards, Chris.

    "Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )" <ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us> wrote
    in message news:ee6zza%...

    Chris Kennedy, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Could you give me a pointer to any resources which explain how to set the
    directories correctly just so I know I have permissions set up correctly. I
    set up a virtual in IIS and copied the contents (i.e. copied and pasted them
    in Windows Explorer) of the project to it. I added the ASPNET user to the
    physical folder and gave it full permissions and also gave the virtual
    permission to execute scripts and executable just to see if it would works.
    Is there anything else, I am not too good with network stuff and would like
    to know more so I can troubleshoot stuff more quickly.

    "David Coe, MCP" <> wrote in message
    > If you have your directories set up correctly (and it sounds like you do),

    you may need to use the workaround we have been using of resetting the
    ASP.NET State Service logon.

    Chris Kennedy, Jun 2, 2004