    to?

    Cheers,
    Tim.

    Tim Barton, May 5, 2006

  2. Tim Barton

    Brock Allen Guest

    If you want a single location for configuration data, consider the database.
    But then of course you have a bootstrapping problem of how to tell each server
    what database to connect to. At some point, each server needs to be informed
    where to go look for your configuration data.

    -Brock
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, May 6, 2006

  3. Tim Barton

    Tim Barton Guest

    Thanks for that. What I was really thinking about was to use a database for
    the settings but to load them to memory at app start. They would then sit in
    a static class or the system cache for fast retrieval. Then when the config
    changes the in memory stuff is re-populated with the new data. When this is
    running across several machines is there a way of keeping the data
    consistent on them all?

    Cheers,
    Tim.

    Tim Barton, May 12, 2006